Welcome to Seamly2D wiki!
We hope you will find here all the information that you need to start using Valentina to create sewing patterns.
Submit your questions to our active, friendly forum.
What is Valentina?
Valentina lets you create shareable custom-sized digital patterns using traditional patternmaking formulas.
Valentina's daughter application Tape allows you to create measurement files for yourself and other individuals. You can also create multisize (standard) tables.
Here's the workflow:
- Select a body measurement file
- Enter your formulas in Draw Mode
- Add seam allowances and other details in Detail Mode
- Generate a layout image of the final pattern pieces in Layout Mode
- Save and/or Print the layout image. You can even save or print as a tiled PDF!
Valentina is open source software. You have the right to use, sell, share, and distribute your patterns in any way you wish.
Valentina is available for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
Download from the Valentina website
Section for Valentina common users.
Information here is dedicated to all Valentina wiki readers.
Advanced Topics in Valentina
Implementing Pattern Systems with Valentina
Advanced Patternmaking with Valentina
Historical Costume Patternmaking with Valentina
Information here is to assist developers.
- Technical decisions
- Developer FAQ
- Hacking:Code style conventions
- Hacking:API documentation
- Hacking:Problems and solutions
- Hacking:Making pull requests
- Hacking:Tools - Development tools and how to use them
- Hacking:Source Tree - Finding your way inside Valentina's source tree
- Hacking:Building - This page explains common things you should know before compiling Valentina
- Hacking:How To Report Valentina Bugs
- Hacking:Preparation to release
- Hacking:Adding new tool
- Web page: Valentina project
- Forum: http://forum.valentina-project.org/
- IRC: #valentina on irc.freenode.net
- Facebook: Valentina project
- Twitter: @ValentinaPSW
- VK: Valentina project
- Repository https://bitbucket.org/dismine/valentina