Operations[edit | edit source]
Operations Tools[edit | edit source]
This group of tools is for complex operations on points or groups of points.
- Create New Group
- Rotate Objects
- Flipping Objects by Line
- Flipping Objects by Axis
- Move Objects
Create New Group[edit | edit source]
ToolTip: Create a group of objects that may be made invisible or visible.
Uses: Group items that are relevant to the pattern to be made later in detail or that are not relevant that can be hidden when creating the detail. Keep the drawing board tidy while drafting.
- Left-click to select the Group Tool
- Select the points to be groups, hold down <CTRL> to choose multiple points or hold the left mouse button and drag to select and area of multiple points. Press <Enter> when finished selecting points.
- A dialog box will appear, type in a name for the new group. Click <OK>.
- The group will be listed at the bottom-right of the drawing screen. Click the ‘Eye’ to close it to make the items in it invisible. Click it again to make them visible.
Rotate Objects[edit | edit source]
Flipping Objects by Line[edit | edit source]
Flipping Objects by Axis[edit | edit source]
ToolTip: Flipping of Objects by axis
- Select the points to be mirrored, hold down <CTRL> to choose multiple points. Press <Enter> when finished selecting points.
- Select a point on the vertical or horizontal axis. The new points will be "mirrored" to the opposite side of this axis.
- A dialog box will appear, prompting for Axis point, type of axis (Vertical or Horizontal), and the suffix to add to the point's name. Click <OK>.
Move Objects[edit | edit source]